Thursday 25 March 2010

Pocket or Purse?





A while ago I screen-printed some shoulder bags and fabric to make pockets for the back of the bags. I finally got around to the sewing the pockets together and once I started I realised they really ought to have some zips. Now ... I have to admit that sewing in zips isn't really my strongest point ... and I haven't made to0 many purses before either. So my first attempt was rather complicated, but thanks to theexcellent tutorial at Skip to my Lou I slowly got the hang of it. I still can't compete with the speedy factory girls in China, but I very much enjoyed making them.
Except that I now like the 'pockets' so much that I will probably sell them separately – as purses – and not put them on the tote after all. So I will let you know once they are in my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment