Tuesday 10 August 2010

The Making Of: "A Map of the Middle Ages"

The Making Of:  "A Map of the Middle Ages"

I felt very honoured when the talented Mr. Adam Hayes invited me to create an illustration for his map project. He asked various accomplished illustrators to create 'a map of where you belong'. All images can be seen on his map blog.

The inspiration for my image was the fact that my boyfriend and I recently bought a flat together.
When I was little I thought that all people over 30 were middle-aged and had massive sideboards full of crystal vases in their living rooms. 
Instead I find myself discussing floor plans and happily planning 'the autumn of my life'.

Below are a few pictures showing how I made the house for my image.

Making the structure of the house out of foam board.

Adding shingles to the roof.

Adding details to the awning...

... and the chimney.

No comments:

Post a Comment